Friday, January 9, 2009

Still on track The latest Cobb model data shows about 4" total across the Fort Wayne area. Maybe six up north. That's a total I think I can land on. The snowfall we saw this morning was part of the warm front and the low itself which is still several hundred miles to the south. This system is going to create a real dry slot to the south of it and the moisture is all going north. I am still holding on the belief that the heaviest snowfall should be around Jackson to Lansing Michigan. I'll talk more about the scientific reasons for my thinking in a later post. Right now there is some hockey to watch! Go Komets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any official snow totals yet for NE Indiana? we're in steuben county near Fremont and Angola. We've had a lot more than 6 inches since Friday morning.

Greg Shoup said...

6.5" acording to NWS spotters.