Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Watchs warnings all dropped

The blizzard watches and the winter storm warnings have all been dropped. In my humble opinion this thing has been over-warned by NWS. I sometimes feel like the middle man in this whole process. I can put together the best forecast in the world but if one guy sitting in North Webster disagrees with me then I have to at least mention the warnings and it turns into that old telephone game where the message at the end is much worse then intended. Some people think we issue the warnings, nothing could be further from the truth.

I know I have simplified this a little but the NWS does coordinate with other offices and sometimes they don't like the warnings either but you can have single counties in one region with warnings and when counties that connect to them don't have warnings. I understand the dilemma but it doesn't mean I like it. I guess we can chalk it up to the government and as you know nothing gets done easily or for that matter seamlessly by the Feds. Okay my rant is over. For a full discussion of today's forecast check below.

1 comment:

Qweenie1990 said...

Greg - thank you for your blog. I think we all agree with what you said. After the "winter storm" warning that we had this weekend that never turned into anything, the "winter storm watch" that turned into a "winter weather advisory" today and then was cancelled and finally the "blizzard watch" that has been cancelled - I worry that the next big storm will be ignored because all of these watches and warnings that turned into nothing. My family and friends check out your blog often so please keep us informed!!