Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Still Coming But...

Some good news to share with you today. Even though we are still going to be bitterly cold over the weekend I don't think we are going to see the brunt of the coldest air. In fact, the actual 'polar vortex' that I was blogging about earlier this week will be making its way into the U.S. but mainly anchoring over Wisconsin and Minnesota. I want you to look at the map at the bottom of the page very closely. The core of the coldest air makes it way into that area not only over the weekend but the map you are looking at is for next week. It looks like the coldest air will be released again next week and if you look at it the temperatures will be near -34 Celsius which is -29 Farenheit! So I'm not really excited about warming the forecast up too quickly next week. I'm going to have watch the progression of this air to make a judgement about how it's going to effect our area next week.

No comments: