Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What about Friday

Yesterday Cathy had a question in the comment section about whisperings of a winter storm on Friday. While it difficult to concentrate on the next storm with all that will be happening here over the next 24 hours I'll try. Yesterday I commented that I didn't think it would be a weather maker for us because of the inconsistent performance of the GFS model. The ECMWF or European model had low pressure moving too far north for my tastes. Well, talk about a 24 hour turn around. Here's what I woke up looking at this morning. You can see the placement of the low by 7pm Friday. With this set up we could look for some accumulating snow. Here's why.

*Placement of the low, this low is coming from the south, it has lots of moisture and it is on a favorable track for accumulation snowfall. I'm going to continue to watch this next system, but as I said before it's difficult to think past the next 24 hours.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks Greg! And after hearing the forecast for today and tonight, I guess I'll have to get through Tuesday before I can worry about Friday, huh! :)