Friday, February 1, 2008

Mid Morning Update

This is a great web graphic. I took this from the National Weather Service site. I took this from the National Weather Service site. They've got a good grip on things as well. You can see the cut off for rain, sleet and snow here. North of this line the 6 to 9 inch snowfall is a good call for us. Remember yesterday I blogged that I thought the cut off point would be around Fort Wayne. Looks like that's exactly what happened. Although I'm amazed at how well it was defined. Areas south still had some snow. Grant County reported a couple of inches but you will always find a narrow band of heavy snow just north of your freezing rain/sleet line. Dekalb county seems to be the big winner so far with snowfall of 5 to 7 inches.

There is still an area of snow wrapped around the low to our west in Illinois. I expect that will be across our area around mid day.

No comments: