Monday, February 11, 2008

More on the storm

Okay, just so I'm not accused of using the same model to come up with my forecast and my forecast for snow well south of here. Let's take a look at the NAM-WRF model which is a favorite of the National Weather Service forecasters. These models still develop the southern system much more and bring the heavy snow from Indianapolis and to the south. I have to agree with this scenario and I really think with the way things are developing we will only see light accumulations for our area. Here's the models


You will see that the low will continue to move south and east although it does begin to head northward toward Cleveland by late Tuesday. That's too far south and east for my likes. The European is on board with this one too so I think we're hanging on to some real 'hopes' here that we'll get heavy snow. I'll keep an open mind I guess.

3 comments:

Jeff Pruitt said...

The one I look at on the Univ of Illinois site shows very little precipitation for our area tonight - certainly nothing significant...

Jeff Pruitt said...

doh! I misread it - looks like they are showing 3-4 inches

Greg Shoup said...

That's what I'm thinking right now. Very little moisture to deal with but good dynamics with 15:1 and 20:1 snow ratio.